Darth Mauliphant, 1 of 3
Yodaphant, 3 of 3
Boba Phent, 2 of 3
This wonderful and challenging mini-series was commissioned by a family friend for their newborn baby’s nursery. After seeing my comic book teddy bears, and wanting to have a elephant theme for little Logan, they asked if it was possible for me to make Star Wars Elephants. Well, I certainly hadn’t tried before, and a few sketches later, we decided I was more than happy to accept the challenge!
Three months later, these watercolored little cuties are home with their baby to raise that little guy up right!
I’m toying with doing a few more of these, just because, though I’ll have these prints available in my Etsy shop soon, so keep your eyes peeled.
Each of these paintings is 11 x 8.5 inches, inked using Dr. PH. Martin’s Black Star Matte India Ink and Dr. PH. Martin’s HYDRUS Watercolor sets 1 and 2.
Hey, all! Last year, I received a commission request to do a series of three Star Wars-themed Elephants. The commissioner had requested Darth Maul, Boba Fett, and Yoda. I’ll post pictures of all three once I have them cleaned up and ready for the public, but until then, enjoy this little time-lapse video of the inking to watercolor process of the third and final piece finished for the set– Yodaphant!
Let me know what you think! I’m starting to get the hang of video editing, I think… 🙂
Animals in my kits
Animals in my kits
Hello! Some more catching up today! These stills are a few examples of the work I did for the KWK! Comic app available for Android, iPhone and who knows what else. It’s a great project I was approached for a little over a year ago where you can create your own fun little comics using provided imagery, purchasing kits like mine for more diversity, and using your own photographs! It’s a neat little idea and the kids love it, so if you’ve got any of those, you should take a peek.
It was a very different job, and I have to admit that it was a lot of fun! I would be open to doing more app work in the future. 🙂
A fun project completed for the Housekeeping department at the local hotel and waterpark Great Wolf Lodge. They went a different route in asking me to do this, and the result was not only fun, but well received! It was a fun project, a unique challenge, and a nice little addition to my portfolio.
A very creative and talented friend of mine, Chris Rothove, has put several years of hard, devoted work into a table-top RPG titled “Free Gears”. After so much time and effort, he’s finally on the track for finalizing his project and calling for commissions/illustrations from associates to help make his book one of kind.
I was, very fortunately, contacted with several requests. This image is the one I’ve completed to date, featuring the twins in my webcomic, Tricks, Twins & Thieves, to help show the versatility of one of the classes in his book. It’s been a very fun and exciting project, and I look forward to doing more work for it, as well as experiencing the finished product some day!
… Oh, and play-testing it. That there will be most fun indeed! 😀
Please, check out Chris’ website: Mythic Skies Art
The best part about this new, wide-format scanner of mine is that I can go back and scan in all the pieces I wasn’t able to on my own time! This pretty baby here– literally– is one of them. I completed this sometime several years ago no for a celebration happening out at Elmwood Cemetery. Several students, myself among them, were given the opportunity to participate in an on-site portrait of someone buried there. They had to be finished on-site, so contributors and beneficiaries could walk around and experience them as well.
While most students had an actual person and history to explain as visitors dropped by to see what they were doing, I was challenged with a commemorative piece dedicated to all the children/babies buried in the cemetery without names or real markings– still borns and children lost early on to diseases and things.
I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and would jump at the chance to do it again 🙂
The deadline didn’t seem so bad a week and a half ago when I agreed to have these done by the first, but it came around surprisingly quick! Either way…
Ta da! My very first non-familial Client Work! (I hope– she hasn’t gotten back to me yet on if I’m actually done yet).
And I really enjoyed doing it. Now to figure out invoicing-stuff to make this actually professional…
Each of these pieces was sketched until they were approved, then brown up and detailed on another piece of paper in black ink, before scanning them in along with a variety of watercolor washed, and using all of them together to get this look! Let me know what you think!
edit: And one more! Minor miscommunication 🙂
Poor little straggler!